TIPS TO MAINTAIN YOUTHFUL HANDS
Aging is a fact of life, and as we age the skin on the hands also shows changes of aging. While we cannot stop the aging process we can rejuvenate and make the results last longer.
As we age our skin holds less water and becomes noticeably dryer, rougher with visible veins and loose skin. Fair skinned adults will develop sun spots with age and time spent in the sun.
SKIN CARE TIPS TO REJUVENATE AND MAINTAIN YOUTHFUL HANDS
- MOISTURIZE REPEATEDLY: the simplest action you can take after hand washing, bathing to help trap water into the skin is to moisturize with a hydrating cream or lotion that traps water. The water hydrates the skin cells and plumps the skin.
- WEAR GLOVES: Washing dishes, hot water, detergents, gardening can dry your skin and age your hands.
- SUN PROTECTION: It is important to protect your skin on the hands from the sun since skin cancers and precancerous lesions develop from chronic sun exposure. Applying a broad-spectrum, water- resistant sunscreen or sunblock, SPF 30 or above on your hands before going outdoors and even wearing thin cloth gloves while driving or playing golf protects your hands from sun aging and skin cancers.
- TOPICAL VITAMIN C, ANTI-AGING SKINCARE: I recommend using a non-irritating, anti-aging cream or lotion to rejuvenate the hands. I use RE-JUVTM Super Vitamin C crème on my hands each night after applying it to my face, neck and décolleté. It is perfect as an anti-aging and moisturizing cream that is non-irritating and hydrates the hands, which are prone to dryness due to the aging process. RE-JUVTM Super Vitamin C crème is enriched with Vitamin C and botanical oils, contains natural ingredients that tone and firm the skin, and additionally has several antioxidants that protect the skin from the sun’s radicals.
As a dermatologist, I sometimes recommend the following procedures to address skin aging changes on the hands. I recommend you see your dermatologist for an evaluation to also exclude precancerous lesions and for them to determine which procedure/s best address the problem and give you the rejuvenating results you want. The procedures may include:
Cryotherapy, Laser therapy, Chemical peeling, Microdermabrasion, Skin lightening creams and lotions, Fillers for volume.
- MAINTENANCE TREATMENTS: If your dermatologist treated you in the office, it is important to keep follow up appointments for laser treatments or fillers as recommended to maintain the results. Additionally, continuing the at home skin care tips will help maintain the rejuvenating changes.
Author: Stella Bulengo, MD, FAAD, FASDP, Founder: RE-JUV, LLC/RE-JUVTM Skincare
REJUVENATING SKIN CARE TIPS: https://rejuvskin.net/blogs/news/rejuvenating-skin-care-tips